Terms & Conditions
GENERAL: The 'Business' is trading as Elite Parties & Events. The 'Hirer' is any person or business who hires, has agreed to hire, has use of goods or has paid for the use of any goods belonging to the business. 'Goods' meaning any item owned by the business. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, from time to time at the businesses sole discretion. The latest version of terms and conditions will supersede older agreements. The latest version can be found on our website or provided on request. By taking possession of goods and/or paying the business any amount in relation to the hire of goods the customer agrees to be bound by and agree to these terms and conditions.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF CONDITIONS: The customers' acceptance of equipment upon possession implies to acceptance of our Conditions of Hire as given below.
2. DEPOSIT AND BOND: A deposit will secure the hire items for the date required. We may ask for a small bond or hold your credit card as security. In any event you are liable to make good any damage or pay replacement cost if the hire equipment is damaged or lost whilst in your care. It is recommended the customer check if their own insurance policies cover the hire of goods.
3. LATE RETURN & CLEANING FEES: All items are required to be returned on time as agreed and in a clean, usable condition. Any item/s returned dirty will be charged a cleaning fee, per item, of 50% of the item/s daily hire rate. Any item/s returned late will also incur a late fee of 50% of the item/s daily hire rate. Late fees are charged on a daily basis for every day past the agreed return date.
4. OUR PAYMENT TERMS: All invoices are to be paid in full at least two weeks before pick up or delivery. We accept cash, cheque, credit card and internet banking. If full payment is not made by the customer to the supplier then the customer will be liable for all expenses incurred by the supplier in recovering the debt including but not limited to collection agency fee, legal fees and court costs inclusive of the disputes tribunal. The customer shall be liable to pay interest at the rate of 8% above the current bank overdraft interest rate on all overdue accounts at the supplier’s discretion. The credit card on the file will be charged with any outstanding amounts if full payment isn’t received on collection/departure of items. All credit card payments will incur a 4% surcharge.
5. DUE CARE AND ATTENTION/INSURANCE: The business hires fragile items that require careful handling to avoid scratching, chipping and breakage. Please treat our items as if they were your own and pay particular attention to keeping packaging material so you can repackage for safe return. Our hire equipment is not insured whilst in your care. You must arrange insurance for loss or damage, or check that it is covered under the customers/hirers insurance policy.
6. DELIVERY FEES: The customer agrees to pay all delivery fees if not collecting from the business. The customer is responsible for repackaging in the original boxes or containers. All pick-ups and returns are to the branch on the agreement.
7. RETENTION OF TITLE: All hire goods remain the absolute property of the business and the customer undertakes not to sell, offer to sell, assign, underlet or lend the equipment to a third party.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In signing the hire agreement or booking form, the hirer acknowledges that the business has no liability to the hirer for any indirect or consequential loss of damage or for any loss of profit etc. The business has purely hired the equipment to the hirer.
9. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations must be received in writing and the following terms apply:
Deposits are non-refundable
Cancellation 4 weeks prior to event, 25% cancellation fee charged.
Cancellation 14 days to event, 50% cancellation fee charged.
Cancellation 7 days prior to event, 75% cancellation fee charged.
Cancellation less than 7 days prior, full hire charges will apply.
Please allow 5 working days for refunds to be actioned.
10. REFUNDS AND COMPLAINTS: Refunds are not given if hire items are not used on the hire day for any reason including rain. The only exception is for damaged goods. Damaged goods need to be returned in original packing and in an un-used state for refund.
11. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Once a returned form and/or any payment on a booking/hire is received, unless stated otherwise, the terms and conditions as stated above will apply to the booking effective immediately.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.